[FX.php List] Editing multiple records

Dale Bengston dbengston at preservationstudio.com
Thu Aug 10 14:00:45 MDT 2006

There are as many approaches to AJAX as there are members of this
list. If you want to roll your own, I would start with the basic
technique of making a request as detailed on Apple's Developer
Connection site:

http://developer.apple.com/internet/webcontent/xmlhttpreq.html

Just picture the URL passed by their sample function as a file on
your server, with GET parameters. The php file has an FX query in it
and the parameters are your record data to make the modification.

There's a whole heck of a lot more to it, like how to determine which
records have been modified in your list, and how to handle
validation, how to loop through the modified records and how to
handle errors coming back from the AJAX call.

Probably raises more questions than it answers....
Dale

PS You can have the result of the AJAX call re-draw the values on a
popup too.