[FX.php List] Disallowing access thru modifying url?

Derrick Fogle derrick at fogles.net
Wed Apr 26 09:16:35 MDT 2006

I use a simple "security through obscurity" method: in FMP, I have a
calculation that creates the unixtime of the create timestamp, then
randomly replaces 1-3 of those numerals with random letters and
returns that value as the "key". I use that key rather than a recid
whenever I'm using a GET request.

> On Apr 24, 2006, at 1:28 PM, Joel Shapiro wrote:
>
>> What ways are there to limit record access to *only* clicked-on
>> links?
>>
>> When I get a list of records, clicking on any one of them links to
>> their respective url, e.g.:
>> http://127.0.0.1/page.php?recid=1234

Derrick Fogle
derrick at fogles.net