[FX.php List] Performance issues with FM's xml interface

Jason H Awbrey jawbrey at harmonic-data.com
Wed Sep 28 05:58:53 MDT 2005

Dennis,

I think Michael had some great points. We were having similar issues
with a large FileMaker solution. I was getting 5-7 second query times
for things that should have taken no longer than a second. To go
beyond what Michael is suggesting, we moved all of the tables that
were being accessed from the web via XML to a separate file. We did
not access via relationship any fields in the main file. This seemed
to give us the desired result. I'm sure there is some explanation as
to the slowness -- one thought was multi predicate relationships or
calcs that used data from the main file.  I'm pretty sure it was
something along these lines but never got a definite answer from
FileMaker.

HTH,
Jason

Jason Awbrey