[FX.php List] Using key other than RECID

Jonathan Schwartz jonathan at eschwartz.com
Sun Sep 25 12:21:59 MDT 2005

>Jonathan,
>
>To respond to your emails in the order received;
>
>1.  the / at the end of the <input> tag in the previous example I sent to
>you is to ensure that the code is valid XHTML. Many tags have an opening and
>tag does not, so to ensure valid code it becomes 'self-closing' by inserting
>the / after the parameters.  Other similar tags include <br /> and <hr />
>etc.

That makes sense.
Thank you!

>2.  the 'locking up' is not good...first off I'd ensure that you have all of
>the 'upgrades' available for which ever version of FM you're running...I've
>seen similar experiences described previously which have been remedied,
>particularly with the latest version of the Web companion plugin (assuming
>you're on <v6)

Right on the money.  I had to update Web Companion.  Assume that that
will solve that issue.

>3.  I know there were a couple of suggestions made last time you asked a
>similar question...the simplest one to implement at this point was the
>suggestion someone made to use a php include, to simply 'include'
>details.php, with the correct recID passed to it in the php source, into
>your login_validate page.

You got me.  You're right.  Your original response to my original
request with this project was to create what I then considered to be
a more complex solution than I could work with at the time.  It
seemed easier to learn and work with single-purpose pages
(Logon/Logon Response/Detail/Edit/Edit Response/End), so I put your
solution aside and did the discrete way.  The good news is that I've
developed a MUCH better sense of what is going on. The bad news is
that I face the original issue of passing recid from page to page,
compromising security.

For the sake of security, I think that I'm ready to re-consider your
solution, now that I have a better feel of FX.PHP and what is
supposed to happen.  I can already see that someone breached my
solution overnite, editing the first record in the file...probably
not a co-incidence. ;-)

I will email you the files off list.

Thanks for your help.

Jonathan