[FX.php List] Quotation marks & Unicode values !

Joel Shapiro jsfmp at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 21 12:12:51 MDT 2005

Hi Ankur

&8220; and ̶ are codes for 'curly' or 'smart' quotes.  I would
guess that that's how you have them in FileMaker, so it seems the PHP
is correctly translating them.

FYI- There's a preference in FileMaker to turn off smart quotes,
which will keep new smart quotes from being entered.  However if you
want to clean up your current data, you'll probably need to do use
the Substitute function.

HTH,
-Joel

Joel Shapiro - FileMaker Pro Database Design
joelshapiro at jsfmp dot com
http://www.jsfmp.com
415-269-5055