[FX.php List] Can you help me diagnose an error?

Brion Vibber brion at pobox.com
Thu Jun 30 11:08:02 MDT 2005

Dave Strickler wrote:
> I have recently upgraded from FM5 to FM7, and the upgrade caused my code
> working in FM5 to break in FM7. My guess is a DB name is  wrong or
> something like that, and its driving me nuts.
>
> I am trying to connect to FM Server Advanced on Port 80, with an account
> I have verified logging in on Port 80 and searching records. Since I am
> talking to FM7 Server Advanced, I may not have the DB name right. I am
> user "db_name", but have tried "db_name.fp7" as well.
>
> Can anyone tell from the object error below where I am going wrong?
> Looks like an error=100.

You can get just the error message by calling the getMessage method, eg:
   $result = $fx->FMFind();
   if( FX::isError( $result ) ) {
     die( 'Error reading from FileMaker: ' . $result->getMessage() );
   }
   if( $result['errorCode'] ) {
     die( 'FileMaker returned custom web publishing error code: '
       . $result['errorCode'] );
   }

In your case the message is:

> FX: ExecuteQuery XML error: mismatched tag at line 6

Try setting at the top of your PHP file:
   define( 'DEBUG', true );

this will echo out a link to the URL that FX uses to contact FileMaker.
Follow that URL in your browser and take a look at what's actually
returned; it may be an error message of some kind.

Check that:
* The FX object was initialized with 'fmpro7' as the version, not 'fmpro5/6'
* Your version of FX is recent
* The correct server & port number are selected
* The special filemaker URLs are being passed from the web server on to
FileMaker Advanced Server.
etc

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)