[FX.php List] Can you help me diagnose an error?

Dave Strickler dstrickler at mailwise.com
Thu Jun 30 11:44:56 MDT 2005

Excellent help - thanks!

The URL looks fine, and returns this into my browser:

<FMPXMLRESULT>
<ERRORCODE>802</ERRORCODE>
<PRODUCT BUILD="03/01/2005" NAME="FileMaker Web Publishing Engine" VERSION="7.0v5"/>
<DATABASE DATEFORMAT="" LAYOUT="" NAME="" RECORDS="0" TIMEFORMAT=""/>
<METADATA/>
</FMPXMLRESULT>

Now the 802 is "file not found", so I assume that's the name of the database. However, I'd not sure what the name is I should be passing in. Note on the URL is uses to query FM7 (user/pass/domain changed to protect the innocent), I am using "Athena_v2_Live_Data.fp7". I tried it with and without the extension. Since I am talking to a server, I don't know if the extension is needed.

I know the file exists, as I am in it from FileMaker Developer, and I can get to it from the web with the username/pass that I am using on the URL below.

http://username:password@fmserer.mydomain.com:80/fmi/xml/FMPXMLRESULT.xml?-db=Athena_v2_Live_Data.fp7&-lay=EmailQueue&-max=50&Box.op=cn&Box=OutBox&Processed.op=cn&Processed=No&OK+To+Send.op=cn&OK+To+Send=Yes&-findFMWeb returns no error code.

Any clues? And thanks again...

Dave Strickler wrote:
> I have recently upgraded from FM5 to FM7, and the upgrade caused my code
> working in FM5 to break in FM7. My guess is a DB name is wrong or
> something like that, and its driving me nuts.
>
> I am trying to connect to FM Server Advanced on Port 80, with an account
> I have verified logging in on Port 80 and searching records. Since I am
> talking to FM7 Server Advanced, I may not have the DB name right. I am
> user "db_name", but have tried "db_name.fp7" as well.
>
> Can anyone tell from the object error below where I am going wrong?
> Looks like an error=100.

You can get just the error message by calling the getMessage method, eg:
$result = $fx->FMFind();
if( FX::isError( $result ) ) {
die( 'Error reading from FileMaker: ' . $result->getMessage() );
}
if( $result['errorCode'] ) {
die( 'FileMaker returned custom web publishing error code: '
. $result['errorCode'] );
}

In your case the message is:

> FX: ExecuteQuery XML error: mismatched tag at line 6

Try setting at the top of your PHP file:
define( 'DEBUG', true );

this will echo out a link to the URL that FX uses to contact FileMaker.
Follow that URL in your browser and take a look at what's actually
returned; it may be an error message of some kind.

Check that:
* The FX object was initialized with 'fmpro7' as the version, not 'fmpro5/6'
* Your version of FX is recent
* The correct server & port number are selected
* The special filemaker URLs are being passed from the web server on to
FileMaker Advanced Server.
etc

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)