[FX.php List] FileMaker 7/8 and PHP WITHOUT FX.php?

Adam Morris adam_morris at harvard.edu
Fri Dec 2 14:00:10 MST 2005

Thanks Joel - I think I oversimplified our situation for the purposes of
the discussion...as I recall, our FileMaker admin did not want ANY
connection to our core FM databases via the web (our web-published data is
relatively static, and gets refreshed via a lookup a couple of times a
year).  I think one of the reasons was that we had specific fields we
wanted to protect, so publishing a reference to an entire table would have
been problematic.  It may also have been simply a matter of personal
preference.

For most applications, however, such a high level of security is probably
not necessary, and the separation model you suggest would work very well.

Adam