[FX.php List] cURL Error after El Capitan Update

Dale Bengston dale.bengston at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 13:45:38 MST 2015

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the reply. I made that very change a few months back when I updated to the latest FX.php. The default in RetrieveFM7Data.class.php was CURLAUTH_BASIC, and I changed it to CURLAUTH_ANY. I remembered this yesterday, and tried switching it back. I also tried all the other CURLAUTH_[WHATEVER] options I could find in the PHP manual online. No relief.

This was before I recompiled my own PHP, so I just tried it again. Still the same cURL failure.

Dale

> On Nov 19, 2015, at 12:31 PM, Chris Hansen <chris at iViking.org> wrote:
>
> Hey Dale,
>
> There's another possibility -- something that's actually addressed in the development release on github.  Basically, it seems like some versions of FileMaker like CURLAUTH_BASIC and others like CURLAUTH_ANY.  Basically, you look for the line where CURLOPT_HTTPAUTH is set in RetrieveFM7VerboseData.class.php (if you're using 'FMAlt' as your data type) or RetrieveFM7Data.class.php (for anything else) and change the setting there.  Let me know if that helps.
>
> Best,
>
> --Chris
>
>> On Nov 19, 2015, at 8:57 AM, Dale Bengston <dale.bengston at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Ok, I’m now running PHP 5.6.14 with cURL 7.46.0. I still get this error:
>>
>> [FX_Error: message="FX: cURL could not retrieve Post data in RetrieveFM7Data(). A bad URL is the most likely reason." code=100 mode=return level=notice prefix="" info=""]
>>
>> If I turn cURL off in FX ($useCURL = false), then I get this error:
>>
>> [FX_Error: message="FX: Could not fsockopen the URL in retrieveFM7Data" code=100 mode=return level=notice prefix="" info=“"]
>>
>> In both cases, I’m pointed at the live database server. If I punch the FX URL into my browser, I get XML back. I think this (maybe) has something to do with the FMS using https/port 443. Something in the security chain is preventing connections.
>>
>> Any thoughts? I’m dead in the water on this project.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Dale

>>> Have you considered using Vagrant to manage OS for your projects? I'm finding that it is a convenient way to manage web projects.
>>>
>>> malcolm
>>> FX.php_List mailing list
>>> FX.php_List at mail.iviking.org