[FX.php List] PHP restriction on data transfer? SOLVED

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Mon Mar 23 15:35:31 MDT 2015

Solved: it turned out to be a setting that was introduced in PHP 5.3 that was not in PHP 5.2:

max_input_vars

It defaults to 1000, which was smaller than the huge data that my client's web app was trying to pass back to FileMaker. In PHP 5.2, since this constraint didn't exist, they had no problems. I enabled this setting in php.ini and set it to 4000 to be safe, and all is well on their server.

Hope this helps someone out at some point; it was hard to spot, especially since the same setting didn't yet exist in PHP 5.2.

bob at longtermsolutions.com
615-333-6858
FileMaker 9, 10, 11, 12 & 13 Certified Developer
http://www.longtermsolutions.com
-
iChat: bobpatin at me.com
Twitter: bobpatin