[FX.php List] PHP restriction on data transfer?

Malcolm Fitzgerald malcolm at notyourhomework.net
Sun Mar 22 20:04:41 MDT 2015

On 23/03/2015 1:10 pm, Tim 'Webko' Booth wrote:
> However, I believe that I can control the number of records returned
> if I query the sub-table, which I can't do through the portal.
You can control the maximum number of records returned by a portal by
specifying the number of rows to display and switching "Show Scroll Bar"
off. That's done on the layout, not dynamically in the code.

If there are more records than the portal will display you will not
know, unless you do a search on that table. Which means that portals are
best suited for accessing small sets of related records.

> And it also sidesteps the issues that have been noted with the portal
> code/XML at various stages...
There isn't a layout-level setting for that ;-)

malcolm