[FX.php List] Yosemite + FM13 Server vs. FX.php

Fogle, Derrick fogled at missouri.edu
Fri Feb 13 18:05:44 MST 2015

Wonderful news - I'VE GOT IT WORKING!

* OS X Yosemite 10.10.2
* FMS 13.05.520
* FX.php 4.0

Of course it turns out many of my problems were self-inflicted. Here's the rundown of issues and stupidities:

1. Do NOT install the Server app package on Yosemite. I had to start from scratch & re-install

2. Be sure to use the latest & greatest FMS installer, not an earlier one plus a patch (I didn't actually make this mistake, it's just info passed on from another who has already felt the pain)

3. I originally did not copy the "datasource_classes" folder along with the rest of the FX.php 4.0 files. I only replaced the same files as were in my previous FX.php version install. I thought it was just another info/instructional directory at first. Be sure to copy all the necessary files and sub-folders when upgrading to FX.php 4.x.

4. In my previous FX.php install, I had my $webUN and $webPW variables in the main FX.php file; in FX.php 4.0, the variables are moved out to the server_data.php file. I didn't put those parameters in at all, at first; then, when I did, I ended up making a FREAKING TYPO in the password. It took me a long time to spot that mistake!

5. Previous FX.php version did not require the "$query->SetDBUserPass($webUN, $webPW)" to be part of every query. The newest apparently does. I had to add that line of code to all my database queries.

6. Of all the crazy things, the 2nd time I tried updating the server, earlier that same day someone else had accidentally put an extra carriage return at the end of a field that renders to a dynamic javascript-driven sub-select list. It took me a *LONG* time to figure out why my first-level list would render, and "view source" on the page appeared to show all the data for the sub-list, but the 2nd sub-drop down would not work at all. The one extra carriage return in one item in the javascript list data breaks the whole thing.

The vast majority of my time ended up being spent on items 3, 4, and 6 - all just stupid, some really stupid, mistakes. But, it works now. I've got it running, all my web connectivity is working OK.

Thanks everyone who chimed in with help and suggestions!

Derrick Fogle
Manager of Technical Services
Academic Support Center
505 E Stewart Rd