[FX.php List] [OFF] Windows Temp permissions for uploading

Joel Shapiro mail at jsfmp.com
Mon Nov 17 20:07:23 MST 2014

Hi Beverly

Thanks for the reply!

chmod(), I have learned, is a Unix (& Linux) function and does not work on Windows.

Further down the page I'd linked to was a comment that using copy() instead of move_uploaded_file() will use the target directory's permissions, and this has worked for my situation.  A potential risk is that copy() will overwrite same-named files while move_uploaded_file() won't.  That probably won't be an issue for me since I'm deleting the file (via unlink() ) after I InsertFromURL it into an FM container field.  And/or maybe I can temporarily modify the file name &/or additional folder with something unique to remove any possibility of unwanted overwriting.

(And I'll probably still play around with permissions anyway to see if I can make it work as it's "supposed to")

Thanks,
-Joel