[FX.php List] FileMaker Server Error 959

Dale Bengston dale.bengston at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 12:18:48 MDT 2014

Hello everyone,

It must be a bad day for FileMaker/web coders, given the list traffic today.

I just got a FileMaker Server error 959, which is not one I’d seen before or could find in the docs, but I found it here:

http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7245/~/filemaker-server-error-code-959

"Error code 959 was introduced in FileMaker Server 9 to let users know that a technology has been disabled. For example, if you turn off the XML technology using the deployment wizard, and then try to make an XML query. The xml will return an error code 959."

So, FMS thinks the XML technology has been disabled. Not so, says the FMS Admin Console. I’ve tried starting and stopping the WPE, and restarting FMS, restarting Apache, and restarting my Mac. I pulled a fresh backup from the live site to make sure my copies of the database files are all good. Everything checks out okay, but I still can’t connect.

This was all working a couple weeks ago, which is the last time I launched this particular site. I’m thinking Apple’s last security update may have broken FMS… again. I’m running FMS 12.0.6.600 on OS X Mavericks 10.9.2, which my admin/start page says is up to date.

Anybody seen this before? I’ll try reinstalling FMS tonight when I’m in the same building with my FMS installer.

Thanks,
Dale