[FX.php List] Longterm Solutions Announces Move to New Data Center

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Fri Mar 14 19:54:49 MDT 2014

Since Longterm Solutions was formed in 1998, we have constantly strived to provide the fastest connectivity possible for our clients. As time has gone by, those needs have increased, and we’ve added bandwidth many times to improve our clients’ connectivity and website response time.

Tomorrow morning (March 15, 2014), we take a giant leap forward.

Starting in the morning, Longterm Solutions will be in our new Tier 1 data center, which will provide 5 redundant connections to the Internet backbone, full generator backup, state-of-the-art security, and much more.

Best of all, our connectivity will go from 6Mbps to 100 Mbps; speed tests for the past month have consistently been in the 95-96 Mbps range (both download and upload).

Even though bandwidth will increase 15-fold, our hosting fees will remain the same for our clients. We offer FileMaker hosting for databases starting with version 7; we have servers running FileMaker Server 11 Advanced, 12 Advanced, and Server 13. We also offer server leasing for clients as well.

Our hosting packages also include email service, free DNS hosting, as well as lots of backups: hourly, nightly, nightly to an encrypted cloud storage facility, nightly to DVD-Rs which are stored in a fireproof vault. All of these backups are done at no extra cost to our clients.

In addition to having hosted FileMaker databases for almost 14 years, I am a FileMaker Certified Developer in versions 9, 10, 11 and 12, and am fluent in PHP web technologies (both the FileMaker API and FX.php).

I love working with FileMaker, have made great friends in this community, and invite you to give our new data center a try. Our clients are going to be thrilled with the huge leap in speed.

Sincerely,

bob at longtermsolutions.com
615-333-6858
FileMaker 9, 10, 11 & 12 Certified Developer
http://www.longtermsolutions.com
-
iChat: bobpatin at me.com
—