[FX.php List] Can't connect with manually installed php on Windows 2008 Server

jschwartz jschwartz at exit445.com
Thu Jul 24 08:37:15 MDT 2014

Fx’ers…

OK. Back to the original problem of not being able to connect  to WEP on this new Windows Server 2008 with independent PHP.

The XML statement works (you have to click past the warning screen):

https://test:test@38.99.250.207/fmi/xml/FMPXMLRESULT.xml?-db=log.fp7&-lay=web&-max=50&-new

Calling the same log.php file doesn’t:

https://38.99.250.207/d/log.php

I do see mention of invalid XML characters in the error result.  I also remember seeing a mention of needing to specify UTF-8 encoding in IIS somewhere in my travels.  Could this be the issue?  Would the Windows Guy know how to do this?

Here’s the test script:

		include_once ("FX/FX.php");
		define('DEBUG', true);

		$log = new FX( '38.99.250.207', '443', 'FMPro7', 'https' );
		$log->SetDBData( 'log.fp7', 'web' );
		$log->SetDBPassword( 'test', 'test' );

		$logResult = $log->FMNew();
		if (FX::isError($logResult)) {
			print_r($logResult);
		}

FYI, I get the same error whether http or https.

Jonathan