[FX.php List] Upgrading server to FM12 - what steps for FX.php

David david.buck at seachem.com
Wed Jan 8 06:55:40 MST 2014

HI,

I've been successfully running FX.php 4.2 with FMSA11 on OSX Server 10.6 for a number of years. I now need to upgrade to new server hardware running FMSA12 on OSX Server 10.8.

I have upgraded databases and transferred html and php files to the new server. The new server runs PHP 5.3.13

The problem I have is that, all the work that I did with FX.pho was about 6 years ago, and I am a little out of touch. Reminds me of learning French at school and then not using it for years.

Anyway,  I am now looking for a little step-by-step guidance for changes that need to be made to FX.php when upgrading to FM12.

I have tried with both v4.2 and v6.0 from github. Should I definitely be using the latter?

If so, I have configured server_data.php, but I just get a white screen showing "Accessing Data" in my web browser. I cannot even get it to display any errors. It fells like I am missing something obvious?

Many thanks for any direction you can offer.

David.