[FX.php List] Different SESSIONs on same server?

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Mon Sep 9 20:16:45 MDT 2013

Joel,

I've never worried about it, and I have lots of web apps on the same servers. I've never had a negative experience with it.

I take care though to use variable names that I know will be unique to each site, so that there's not a chance for overlap. Also, since session variables are unique to that particular user, the only time it might be an issue would be if one of these people were to visit 2 sites on the same server, within the same browser session.

Also, I make sure to destroy the user's session at the end of the procedure, whether it's a shopping cart, registration, or whatever...

Bob Patin
Longterm Solutions LLC
P.O. Box 3408
Brentwood, TN 37024
bob at longtermsolutions.com
iChat: bobpatin
AIM: longterm1954
Twitter: bobpatin
Google+: http://www.longtermsolutions.com/plus
--
FileMaker 9, 10, 11& 12 Certified Developer
FileMaker hosting and consulting for all versions of FileMaker