[FX.php List] [OFF] Basic SSL & DNS clarification

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Fri Feb 15 08:29:33 MST 2013

You can even do 2 years on a regular cert for only $86; I just renewed one of mine yesterday, took all of 5 minutes.

Steve's right (as usual of course!); prices have plummeted, almost half what they used to be...

What I do for my clients is to just buy a server-wide cert; I assign a subdomain to the server, like xs4.longtermsolutions.com, and then I buy a cert for that subdomain so that any site on the machine can use it by just specifying their home directory, like so:

https://xs4.longtermsolutions.com/domain/index.php

BP

Bob Patin
Longterm Solutions LLC
bob at longtermsolutions.com
FileMaker 9, 10 & 11 Certified Developer
Twitter: bobpatin
AIM: longterm1954
iChat: bobpatin
--