[FX.php List] Subsummary report web page

Gary Sprung gary at gnurps.com
Mon Dec 9 12:43:17 MST 2013

On Dec 9, 2013, at 7:36 AM, BEVERLY VOTH <beverlyvoth at gmail.com> wrote:

> Gary,
> 	I generally don't like to use scripts for this sort of thing.
I agree. To me, the big problem with using FM scripts with the PHP API is the lack of feedback from the script.

> You can create variables and loop through the found set, as you get to a new "group" (also tested by variables), display the subsummaries (any aggregates you want).
Yes, as I thought about this, loops and variables to find a change in section/subsection came to mind. So thanks for confirming that idea.

> You can display the details as well as the summaries. Make it a boolean setting and your report can change from only summaries to all items and summaries.
>
> Getting these into "headers" is much more complex than into footers, of course. Getting the labels is not so difficult, but any aggregates (totals, for example) are more complex to get into headers.

> Are you wanting only the labels for Section and Subsection before the list items in those groups?
I can see why getting aggregate into headers would be more difficult.  Fortunately, for this application I just want the labels.

Thanks much for the feedback.

Gary