[FX.php List] [Off?] Accessing files on other machines with PHP

Troy Meyers tcmeyers at troymeyers.com
Wed Sep 5 19:41:39 MDT 2012

I've been warned off doing anything (EVEN READING) files stored by FMS as externally-saved container files. Even though then seem like sitting ducks there.

FYI, I've been advised to either _export_ them using FileMaker en masse, or as they change, so that there are copies on the web server, OR to only assess them via normal queries (via XML or the API) to FMS. I've learned how to do that now too, so either way I can get them into PHP image objects as I needed.

Who knew. Not me.

-Troy