[FX.php List] Storing logins for clients

Denis Somar dsomar at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 15:13:39 MDT 2012

For the record, our sites should never actually store the password on the
DB side.  You should store an encryption of the password for moderate
security sake.  MD5 is a simple hash but crackable and PHP has all sorts of
"salted" encryption methods for obscuring the user passwords stored in a DB.

As for your question about storing some form of Remember Me? checkbox,
you'll need a persistent cookie to store some flag that the user is logged
in.

HTH,
Denis