[FX.php List] [Off] Import RAW XML to a field - FM9

Tim 'Webko' Booth tim.webko at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 16:17:37 MDT 2012

Well actually, the php gets involved at the next stage, when I send it off
to an external API...

I just want the XML in a field to be available for part 2 - all of it,
already transformed, and without extra linebreaks that FM9 is inserting
when it exports it in the first place.

Process:
Export multiple fields via XML and use an XSLT to turn it into nice XML
Import back to a single field
Use a web viewer to self submit the XML and some other data to a php
handler to external API
Use a second web viewer to check the final results and scrape some info
back into FileMaker

So, very tangentally somewhat php - but the people here are smart ;_)

My current workaround - for step 2, import to a temp table, loop the
records and create a variable that then gets pasted into the relevant field
in the main table. Which works, but I'm just annoyed that different
versions of FM create slightly different XML files from the same input.

And that I can't web enable these systems for doing this...