[FX.php List] Catch FileMaker Server before it dies?

Andrew Denman adenman at tmea.org
Fri May 25 12:12:18 MDT 2012

Here's my error checking block that handles FileMaker errors and FX.php errors (when FileMaker server isn't responding or something goes wrong with the XML), based off instructions Chris provided in the past.

// Find them!
$Data = $Setup->FMFind();

// See if there's an error
if(FX::isError($Data) || $Data['errorCode'] != 0 ){
	// Display for FX.php error
	if(FX::isError($Data)){
		$error = "The server may be down.<br>";
		$error .= $Data->getMessage();
	// Display for FileMaker error
	}else{
		require_once('\FX\FMErrors.php');
		//$errorsList is error array name
		$error = $errorsList[$Data['errorCode']];
	}
}else{
	// Everything OK, process data
} // END FM error