[FX.php List] Catch FileMaker Server before it dies?

Denis Somar dsomar at gmail.com
Thu May 24 13:26:00 MDT 2012

Hi all,

I'm about to go into beta testing with my first production-worthy FMP web
project.  I'm not sure of the load to expect (nothing huge initially) in
terms of users, but I'm wondering if I can catch catch automatically when
the site is under a heavy load so I know that it happens.  Are there any
PHP calls that can be used to die gracefully (or not) and just say the
database server isn't working/isn't responding.

The v11 database is going to be accessed via two FileMaker clients (using a
separated interface file) frequently AND also some number of web users.
 Thus I'm unsure of how to measure / determine when FM will break under the
pressure of requests.  The server is hosted at triple8.net so I don't know
how much I can install in terms of admin tools.

TIA,
Denis