[FX.php List] Re-That sinking feeling: FileMaker 12 & FX ?

Steve Winter steve at bluecrocodile.co.nz
Fri May 11 03:07:49 MDT 2012

Hey Malcolm

> Which bit of the product aren't you going to use in the second guessing process? Both grammars are supported. The fact is that it's a bug. It's been confirmed. They didn't mean it to be this way. It's not done deliberately.

I agree entirely that it's a bug, that it wasn't meant to be there, and that it wasn't done deliberately…It is however a bug in a relatively less-used 'fringe' component of the product which slipped through, I would conjecture, exactly because it's in a relatively less-used area of the product.

The question Steve Thoms asked was 'why would I use the PHP API over FX', to which I said one (additional to what Joel said) reason was that (in my view) the API was less likely to be impacted on by updates. And I stand by that because I think that the API is in an area which is more 'core' to the product and will therefore have been tested more extensively (now and in future releases)…

Cheers
Steve