[FX.php List] Re-That sinking feeling: FileMaker 12 & FX ?

Anders Monsen andersm at mac.com
Thu May 10 14:37:12 MDT 2012

Troy,

Given FMI and parent company Apple's proclivity to not reveal
information until they announce it, I don't think it's safe to say
anything, and I wouldn't place bets on when this will happen. I think
this vrev is important to FMI, and probably covers several things,
especially some performance issues (and note that FMI needs to replicate
any mentioned performance issues in their own labs prior to fixing them,
so it won't deal with *all* cases people run into - some could be not
caused by 12, after all, but the solution architecture).

I don't necessarily think FMI released the product half-baked, but as
with any product tests in the lab are different from real world
scenarios. That's probably why this XML issue was missed. My own guess,
since someone at FMI mentioned this in a public forum, is that this vrev
might appear prior to DevCon. Since there were several vrevs to FMP 11,
this may not be the last one.

--
Anders