[FX.php List] Cyclical WebPublishingEngine CPU spikes

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Mon Mar 19 14:48:03 MDT 2012

On Mar 19, 2012, at 3:25 PM, Jonathan Schwartz wrote:

> For those of you not acquainted with "Ferris Buedhler's Day Off", t

How can anyone NOT know about Ferris Bueller's Day Off…

For those who don't know vintage synths, that synth in the beginning of the movie is an Emu Emulator II, circa about 1984; I used to have one.

System and samples (8-bit mono!) all fit on a 512K 5-¼" floppy, two drives; newer ones had whopping 20MB drives in them, cost thousands. At the time they were about $6000; I gave mine away to the first person willing to haul it away…

In fact, it used a fat connector to get to a Mac back in 1985, and I could edit samples in the computer, which was an amazing thing back in those early days; MIDI had just been introduced in 1984.

OK, enough reminiscing… :)

"… the Sausage King of Chicago?"

Bob Patin
Longterm Solutions LLC
bob at longtermsolutions.com
FileMaker 9, 10 & 11 Certified Developer
Twitter: bobpatin
Google+: http://www.longtermsolutions.com/plus
AIM: longterm1954
iChat: bobpatin