[FX.php List] Do RackSpace "Snapshots" conform to Best Practices?

Anders Monsen andersm at mac.com
Fri Mar 9 13:12:16 MST 2012

If I had a nickle for every time I've spoke with IT departments who want
to manage servers their way with no idea of the impact on
FileMaker...and then go ahead and do what they want without listening
anyway.

Closing the dbs and shutting down the server prior to the snapshot
should not take them more than 5-10 minutes. Is saving that time worth
the cost of potential db corruption?

Anders