[FX.php List] FaceBook Connect

Jonathan Schwartz jschwartz at exit445.com
Sat Jun 16 15:50:00 MDT 2012

Hi Folks,

Looking forward to seeing a lot of you in Miami next month. ;-)

Here's a new one...

A client has asked me to deploy a FaceBook login on the web project
we are developing...in addition to the standard login we already have
in place..  After a day or two, I figured out the technical component
of this request: I have a Facebook login button on the site and it
does in fact allow a user to log using a Facebook dialog, returning
the available Facebook user info in an array.

Great.

My question is...how is this best implemented with an existing login
process?  I suppose that this is the same question as if I were to
use OpenID ...which I haven't used either.

Anyone been down this road before?

Thanks

Jonathan

--