[FX.php List] FMSA 12 config

John Funk csinfo at criticalsolution.com
Mon Jul 23 08:23:08 MDT 2012

I had a fmsa 11 server configed to work with fx/PHP. Web publishing was
turned on using one machine. All worked fine.
Now I have a new FMSA12 install using one machine and have a question:

Does the web server need to be turned on in the deployment when I am using
XML only, no FileMaker PHP API, or IWP.

If I remenber right, on the 11 server, I could turn off the web server and
xml still worked! My customer is now asking me why we need a web server when
the old system worked without one.

The FileMaker documentation gets me confused. Any clarification is
appreciated.

Thanks,
John