[FX.php List] Using global variables when calling a FileMaker Script

Chris Hansen chris at iViking.org
Wed Feb 29 21:13:34 MST 2012

John,

Look at it this way: a connection via PHP is like connecting to FileMaker Server, performing a query, and then logging out again.  Based on that, keep in mind that global variables only persist until you log off.  So, you can use globals, as long as you set them as part of the query, and don't expect them to persist to subsequent queries (use $_SESSION variables for that.)  Oh, and to set globals via FX.php use FX's SetFMGlobal() method.  HTH

--Chris