[FX.php List] PHP error log tracking using PID?

Jonathan Schwartz jschwartz at exit445.com
Sun Feb 12 18:53:44 MST 2012

Everyone,

I don't want to start a mySQL vs. FileMaker debate.

The purpose of my question was to collect a consensus of whether this
particular request...using PID in PHP error logging ...was a common
practice in the MySQL world, one that I should be applying in the
FileMaker Web Publishing.

Regarding the "delivering the bad news" I referred to in my earlier
post, I had to say "no" to the following :

- Can FileMaker Server support multiple virtualized web servers in
the Web Publishing deployment. The answer was "No, it's a one-to-one
with FileMaker Server".

- Can they run Linux web servers? The answer I provided was "No, FMS
Web Publishing requires either OS X or Windows....unless you chose to
step outside of the FMI blessed configuration".

- Can they maintain mirrored databases across multiple servers for
instant fail-over?  I said, "No, you can't copy live FMP db files
without damaging them.  FMS offers backup scheduling to create usable
copies, but they will reflect the data from last backup"

As you can see, these are standard features in the mySQL world.

I'm just trying to accommodate and determine if the PID feature
request was something I could/should attempt to deliver.

BTW...If anyone has "yes" answers to the above questions, I'm all ears.

Thanks

Jonathan

--
Jonathan Schwartz