[FX.php List] [off] Link formatting not working

Jonathan Schwartz jschwartz at exit445.com
Mon Aug 20 10:32:22 MDT 2012

Bob,
It was red for me, and then "the ugly purple color" once I had
clicked the link.  This is normal, being the "Visted" state.  See
below for all 4 states.  Just add the "Visited" state to your cess.

a:link {color:#FF0000;}      /* unvisited link */
a:visited {color:#00FF00;}  /* visited link */
a:hover {color:#FF00FF;}  /* mouse over link */
a:active {color:#0000FF;}  /* selected link */

HTH

Jonathan

>Okay gurus, tell me why this doesn't make the link red; it changes
>on the hover, but not when you load the page, which is here:
>
>http://greenhillstherapy.com/test.htm
>
>I'm trying to figure out why, even though my CSS specifies a link
>color on this site's links, they keep taking on the ugly default
>purplish color...
>
>Here's my HTML in the test page:

>a:link {
>	color: #FF0000;
>}
>a:hover {
>	color: #05B6FF;
>}
></head>

>So why doesn't this link show in RED instead of purple?
>

>Bob Patin
>Longterm Solutions LLC
>bob at longtermsolutions.com
>615-333-6858
>http://www.longtermsolutions.com
>FileMaker 9, 10 & 11 Certified Developer
>Member of FileMaker Business Alliance and FileMaker TechNet
>--
>Twitter: bobpatin
>Google+: http://www.longtermsolutions.com/plus
>AIM: longterm1954
>iChat: bobpatin
>--
>Expert FileMaker Consulting
>FileMaker Hosting for all versions of FileMaker

Jonathan Schwartz
Exit 445 Group
jonathan at exit445.com
http://www.exit445.com