[FX.php List] Odd problem with POST values

Andrew Denman adenman at tmea.org
Thu Aug 16 10:46:08 MDT 2012

Bob,

The 'post_max_size' setting probably won't affect this particular issue. 800 characters is a measly 0.78 KB, much less than the default 8 MB.  According to the PHP docs, running into this limit results in the following behavior: "If the size of post data is greater than post_max_size, the $_POST and $_FILES superglobals are empty."

memory_limit could be another culprit, but if it's still set to the default value it shouldn't be a problem for the submission you are describing. No idea how to tell if you've hit this limit, but I suspect it *should* throw a 500 error of some sort. You can use ini_get() to verify the values at runtime are set appropriately.

Other shots in the dark:
Is there anything complex going on that could be infinitely looping?
Could this be an issue with the particular text being submitted or are you using different text each try?
Does this happen on a basic test page? (one textarea and on submission just echo it back out)

Andrew Denman