[FX.php List] WPE Error log bloat

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Mon May 23 09:32:11 MDT 2011

I've got a set of 3 web apps running on a client's servers; the web server's running IIS, the DB server is FMSA 11.

There's an error log that keeps getting so large that it eventually eats all available HD space; their IT guy sent me the log, part of which is  here below.

For these web apps, I have 2 scripts that move records from one database to another each time a transaction is completed; the script is triggered on the web. The first one then runs the 2nd one (push orders, then push order_lineitems).

One of the script steps looks for new records; if there are none, for whatever reason, the script ends and that's that; however, the WPE seems to log the FIND error, even though I have Set Error Capture turned ON.

011-05-23 08:49:59 -0500            FM Web Publishing         -              -              wpc1     Web Scripting Error: 401, File: "tb_web", Script: "push_order_lineitems_to_main_db", Script Step: "Perform Find"
2011-05-23 08:49:59 -0500            FM Web Publishing         -              -              wpc1     Web Scripting Error: 401, File: "tb_web", Script: "push_order_lineitems_to_main_db", Script Step: "Perform Find"
2011-05-23 08:50:07 -0500            FM Web Publishing         -              -              wpc1     Web Scripting Error: 101, File: "tb_web", Script: "push_order_lineitems_to_main_db", Script Step: "Go to Record/Request/Page"
2011-05-23 08:5

Is there any way to prevent the WPE from writing these error entries? I don't see this on my Mac servers, but it's caused server crashes for them, and I'd like to find a way to prevent their being written.

The interesting ones are the 101 errors; this happens in a loop that has this:

Loop
   ... do stuff
   Go to next record (exit after last)
end loop

So for whatever reason, that causes a 101 error entry to be written when I tell the script to cycle thru the found set and exit after the last record. I could write the loop a different way and exit the loop at top, but it seems odd htat this causes problems on a Windows server but not on my Mac servers.

Thanks for any help,

bob at longtermsolutions.com
iChat: bobpatin
FileMaker 9, 10 & 11 Certified Developer
Expert FileMaker Consulting
PHP • Full email services • Free DNS hosting • Colocation • Consulting: