[FX.php List] FMSv11, SBS2008 and Web Publishing [x-post]

Steve Winter steve at bluecrocodile.co.nz
Tue Mar 1 09:25:47 MST 2011

Howdy Karstyn

See http://fmforums.com/forum/topic/64996-filemaker-server-advanced-10-small-business-server-2008-web-publishing/

No warranty express or implied however people in that thread have posted methods with some reported success (and some reported failure) YMMV

Probably however the most valuable piece of advice on that thread is that SBS2008 is not compatible with FMS and web publishing... (though like using Apache for FMS web publishing on Windows, though not advised or approved, it is possible)

Cheers
Steve

On 1 Mar 2011, at 16:18, Karstyn McCoy wrote:

> My client is having issues getting FMSv11 WPE configured correctly on SBS2008 on 64bit processors (not sure the 64 bit has anything to do with it, but it may!).
>
> They have had FMSv11 installed and working fine but until recently did not do any web publishing. So I ran the 'Edit Server Deployment' process and at the end of the process (stayed with
> default options, using FMs PHP installation) the final dialog box never goes away, but the surprise to me is that the deployment is affecting asp and remote access configs on the server.
>
> Their IT person sent this:
> Roles uninstalled by Deployment assistent:
> ASP
> ASP.net
> ISAPI Filters
> ISAPI Extensions
> TS Gateway
>
> I wouldn't care too much about this if web publishing worked after uninstalling the above, but it doesn't. Anyone know what might be happening here, and how to get WPE correctly configured?
>
> I do understand that SBS2008 is not a support OS for FMSv11, but hoping someone has found a way to get it working.
>
> Thank you,
>

> --Karstyn

We've moved...! Please see our new address below.

Steve Winter
steve at bluecrocodile.co.nz
m: +44 77 7852 4776
2A St Mary's Road