[FX.php List] Calculating UPS shipping cost

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Thu Jan 27 12:26:56 MST 2011

Hi,

Well, it's not consistent at all; this is for a giftshop's online shopping cart that sells all sorts of things, including books, clothing, souvenirs, etc. They want their cart to give shoppers the ability to choose different shipping options from UPS or USPS. I found a good function from a company called Sonicode for $50, that will return shipping rates for Fedex, UPS, and USPS, if only I had the right access key.

As it turns out, I've now found out that the UPS Access Key, which is fairly easy and quick to obtain, is NOT what I need to use; rather, these functions all require a UPS Production Access Key, which takes a couple of weeks for them to send. So that's probably why none of my tests worked...

Thanks for writing back; best,

Bob
Longterm Solutions
bob at longtermsolutions.com
iChat: bobpatin
FileMaker 9, 10 & 11 Certified Developer
Expert FileMaker Consulting
PHP • Full email services • Free DNS hosting • Colocation • Consulting: