[FX.php List] I need a refresher

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Fri Dec 9 06:07:28 MST 2011

On Dec 9, 2011, at 6:35 AM, Steve Winter wrote:

> Hi Bob
>
> Ummm, ok, if you say so… though the error here is 507 which is validation by calculation, not 500, which is the date validation error code…
>
> In the SyncDek docs it says to paste three SyncDek fields into your table definition. The fields are:
>
> <Screen Shot 2011-12-09 at 12.31.47.png>

Yes, that part is right, and those are in all tables; Jason Erickson (who wrote SyncDeK) helped me set up both of these systems, and we didn't put any plugins on the FM Server machines (I just double-checked the machine that's used on the web to make certain I hadn't lost my mind).

> The second of those has Always Validate, By Calculation set
>
> And when I try and look at the calculation on my computer, which doesn't have any of the SyncDek stuff on it, then the definition is
>
> If( Get(AccountName) = "SyncDeK" or $$syncdek_off ; True ;
>     <Function Missing>( GetFieldName(SyncDeK_RecId) ; SyncDeK_RecId ; Get(AccountName) )
> )

There are some custom functions that SyncDeK uses as well… one of them generates serials, for example. SyncDeK uses a field called SyncDek_RecID to keep track of which records need to be synced over, and that serial is generated from a CF. There are other CFs as well, used for deletes, edits etc.

Bob Patin
Longterm Solutions LLC
bob at longtermsolutions.com
FileMaker 9, 10 & 11 Certified Developer
Twitter: bobpatin
Google+: http://www.longtermsolutions.com/plus
AIM: longterm1954
iChat: bobpatin