[FX.php List] 413 Request Entity Too Large

Wes Plate wes at automaticduck.com
Thu Aug 4 09:36:14 MDT 2011

Thank you to everyone considering our problem.

Our online store (hosted by our web host) sends XML data to a PHP script running on our FileMaker Server, which in turn uses FX.php to put the data into FileMaker.

The data is being sent as POST, here's a line from the FileMaker server Apache access_log...
67.99.202.230 - - [04/Aug/2011:07:30:38 -0700] "POST /miva.php HTTP/1.0" 406 -

and this from the error_log...
[Thu Aug 04 07:30:38 2011] [error] [client 67.99.202.230] Invalid Content-Length

php.ini says "post_max_size = 8M" which should be plenty, no?  The amount of data in the XML being sent is relatively tiny.  httpd.conf didn't have a LimitRequestLine line.

Suggestions for inspecting the POST request that is being sent by the web host?  I'm wondering if I could try posting the XML to a PHP page that writes the incoming request to a file so we can look at it.  But I'm not an advanced user.

--
Wes Plate
 wes at automaticduck.com
  http://www.automaticduck.com/