[FX.php List] Add data to a field with a return

Steve Winter steve at bluecrocodile.co.nz
Mon Nov 29 23:31:31 MST 2010

Hi Stephe,

Try using
	$addNote = $today . ' - ' . $User . ' - ' . $Note . "\r\n" . $currentnote ;
and see how that goes... another alternative is to actually layout (in your source code) what you want;
	$addNote = $today . ' - ' . $User . ' - ' . $Note . "

" . $currentnote ;
which will also achieve the desired outcome

Cheers
Steve

On 30 Nov 2010, at 06:11, Stephe Pocock wrote:

> Hello Gurus
>
> I am stumped.  I have a form which has a field called new_note which I want to add to my notes field in Filemaker via fx.php
>
> To accomplish this I have added to my form a hidden input called currentnote <input type="hidden" value="<?php echo $currentnote ; ?>" name="currentnote" />
>
> On my php submit_reply form, I have my variables gathered to create $addNote which is added to the field via $editResult=$edit->FMEdit();
>
> $today = date("d/m/Y");
> $User=$_POST['user'];
> $Note=$_POST['Note'];
> $recid=$_POST['recid'];
> $currentnote=$_POST['currentnote'];
>
> $addNote= $today . ' - ' . $User . ' - ' . $Note . /n . $currentnote ;
>
> I don't think this is the best way to do this.
>
> 1.  Is there a better way of amending form data to a field in Filemaker?
> 2.  How do I pass a return from php to filemaker?  I can't find a way to make the . /n code into a carriage return in Filemaker.

> Apologies for all the code in the email.
>
> Thanks in anticipation
>
> Stephe

Steve Winter
steve at bluecrocodile.co.nz