[FX.php List] Server is busy...please try again

Tim 'Webko' Booth tim at nicheit.com.au
Mon Nov 8 19:51:04 MST 2010

Dear Jonathan,

> Thanks for the reply.
>
> Let me be a little more clear...I WANT the message to display, both
> alerting the customer that there was a problem, and giving them the
> option to try again or come back later. Either of these is better
> than a browser timeout.

*But* in order to work out if the server is busy, there has to be a
request of some sort - and if it's busy, then that request will
timeout, so no message...

At least, I think that's what will happen... And am happy to be shown
to be incorrect.

Cheers

Webko

> Jonathan
>
> At 11:47 AM +1100 11/9/10, Tim 'Webko' Booth wrote:
>> Dear Jonathan;
>>
>>> Hi folks.
>>>
>>> "Server is busy...please try again".
>>>
>>> You might see this message on a sophisticated airlines reservation
>>> web site, but not if a Filemaker web server is too busy or has a
>>> problem. The browser just times out.  This can be a real problem
>>> if a multi-step operation fails to finish before the time out.
>>>
>>> I need to install a fix for this eventuality for one client. My
>>> plan is to set a flag in an existing customer record before
>>> starting the operation and then resetting the flag upon
>>> completion. Any flags that remain set indicate a potential
>>> problem. This is possible when you are editing an existing