[FX.php List] Script executes, but hangs web page

Tim 'Webko' Booth tim at nicheit.com.au
Mon Nov 1 16:51:59 MDT 2010

Dear Joel,

> Is that really true that one WebUser session can step on another
> WebUser session??  That sounds awfully dangerous...
>
> (Current versions of FMS?)

Theoretically yes, if you rely on something staying the same between
requests.

In practice, not really - everything is done and dusted in one hit -
the find is done and sent back, then the next request is handled as a
brand new login and request, and then the next... It's why globals
generally don't work properly, as they get reset to default for every
request.

In this case, I suspect a time out issue but a simple delete script on
not many records shouldn't cause that.

But a find, then followed by a separate script call might allow that
to happen, as that would be two different requests.

I'd need a copy of the database and the php to work it out any further
than that though

> -Joel
>

> On Nov 1, 2010, at 3:28 PM, Tim 'Webko' Booth wrote:
>
>> I would be especially careful of Scripts if you could have more
>> than one web user, as you cannot tell what the 'Found Set' may be -
>> it is possible for WebUser1 to run the find, WebUser2 to also run a
>> find, and then have the script triggered by WebUser1, which may
>> have unintended consequences...

Tim 'Webko' Booth :: Niche IT Pty Ltd, Sydney, Australia
[e] tim at nicheit.com.au :: [m] 0418 993 306