[FX.php List] Is it possible to programmatically restart FMSA Web Publishing Engine?

Steve Winter steve at bluecrocodile.co.nz
Tue May 25 10:24:27 MDT 2010

Hi ggt,

No, not just the WPE... it is possible to control the entire server using the fmsadmin command line tool...

On a machine with FMS installed, in a terminal window type;
	fmsadmin help commands
to see the list of commands which that tool can perform and;
	fmsadmin help stop
to see what the stop command will do...

For the record, it is of course possible to run that tool on a cron, or from some other command line tool, but in this case that's of no help to you, since it would have to completely stop, then start, the entire server, thus disconnecting not only any web clients, but all FM clients as well...

Cheers
Steve

On 25 May 2010, at 17:16, Gjermund Gusland Thorsen wrote:

> Is it possible to programmatically restart FMSA Web Publishing Engine?
> ( I am thinking about button 3 and 4 on top of FileMaker Server admin panel. )
>
> I have noticed that all problems with one of my clients is solved by
> restarting WPE.
>
> It’s quiet annoying having to do that task manually.
>
> ggt

Steve Winter
steve at bluecrocodile.co.nz
m: +44 77 7852 4776
3 Calshot Court, Channel Way
Ocean Village, Southampton SO14 3GR

I ran the London Marathon to raise money for UK Youth. You can still sponsor me here.