[FX.php List] [FM API] Very slow performance on IIS7

Joel Shapiro jsfmp at earthlink.net
Fri May 21 09:34:46 MDT 2010

Hey again

No suggestion this time, but it seems you're not alone.  I just saw
this on another list:

We have had a CWP solution running for several months on a WIN 2003
Server.  We recently upgraded both the server, OS and FileMaker Server
software.

On the new machine the FileMaker files seem to be running much better
than before, but unfortunately the CWP pages now seem to load in
minutes rather than seconds.  We moved the php files directly from the
old to the new server and have also tried loading "fresh" copies of
the php files.  Because the CWP files are basically useless on the new
machine, we have had to keep the old machine running so our clients
websites would still function.

Here are the configurations for the two machines:

OLD
WIN Server 2003, Enterprise, SP 2
Intel Xeon 2.50 GHz
1.95 GB RAM
60 GB Hard Drive
IIS v6.0
PHP v5.2.6 build 5/2/08
FileMaker Server Advanced v10.0.2.206

NEW
WIN Server 2008, Enterprise without Hyper-V, SP 2
6 Core AMD Opteron 2.60 GHz (2 processors)
32 bit OS
2.0 GB RAM
60 GB Hard Drive
IIS v7.0
PHP v5.2.11 build 9/16/09
FileMaker Server Advanced v11.0.1.95

Any ideas or suggestions as to why we are seeing such a significant
performance drop with the same php files on updated hardware and
software?  I am hesitant to go back to the older version of php,
because the version currently on the new server is what is indicated
in the FileMaker documentation.

I'll report back here if there are any positive replies to this.

-Joel