[FX.php List] Memories....

Jonathan Schwartz jschwartz at exit445.com
Tue May 11 13:04:18 MDT 2010

Not the song.  The MB kind.

I just wrote a looping  script to run a set of scripts during offpeak
hours.  When run one at a time, the set of scripts runs fine.
However, when run in a loop, they run out of memory after just 4 or
so iterations.

So, I started to peel back the layers.

Using memory_get_usage(), I started to log the memory usage.  The log
shows the memory steadily increasing upon each step.

So, I started combing through the handful of scripts, making sure
that "includes" and "requires"  used the "_once" version. I also went
through and started to unset all variables that were set.

But no matter what I do, the memory usage continues to increase as
the script progresses.

Environment is FMS 10.6 with IIS and API.

Is this normal?  How do you dump memory to avoid this issue?

Thanks
Jonathan
--
Jonathan Schwartz