[FX.php List] Web traffic versus native FileMaker use

Jon & Jane Montgomery vicepresident at comcast.net
Sun May 9 13:16:21 MDT 2010

Ggt,
    Thank you and others on this thread.  I have a FMP database that failed
me in that it crashed the server 2 times in 4 hours at the time, just
realized that maybe I was asking FMP to do more than it could handle.  We
were trying edit 16,000 records in about 8 hours.  We managed to edit about
4,500 records in that 4 hour period including the down time of the server.
It has to be my design both PHP and FileMaker I think.  Just looking for
answers.  The the traffic increased, it became slower and slower.  Not the
host's problem, as it is a very good company with a great setup.  Had to be
something or lots of somethings my lack of experience caused. Code writing
(it was API and NOT FX (which I would have prefered but did not use.)  and
more than likely bad database design.
    Thanks for the info from everybody here.  I have now been replaced on
that job and do not want to make those mistakes again.

Jon Montgomery

>>> FX.php_List at mail.iviking.org