[FX.php List] Problem with clients iis install

Leo R. Lundgren leo at finalresort.org
Sat Mar 20 08:21:26 MDT 2010

If it's a "regular" VPN, it should function the same. In essence, once
the tunnel is up, it is just normal IP and routing going on.

The most obvious difference is that there is usually no Bonjour and
broadcast going on, which can be set up but is nothing you should
expect. However, as we are talking about TPC/IP communication in this
case, I don't think this is an issue.

Maybe it's time to use tcpdump on the connecting machine, and see how/
if the traffic flows. An example for sniffing all traffic for a
specific port, and dumping it right out in the terminal, is:

	tcpdump -ni <interface name, for example en0> -As0 'filter'

.. where 'filter' can be stuff according to `man tcpdump`, for example
'host <the other computer's IP> and port <port number you are
connecting to>' should give you traffic related to the remote host and
the specific port (regardless of whether the port is mentioned in the
sending or recieving).

>>> FX.php_List at mail.iviking.org

-|