[FX.php List] Solution to strange problem with client's new server install

Kevin Futter KFutter at sbc.vic.edu.au
Thu Mar 18 16:38:15 MDT 2010

On 19/03/10 9:19 AM, "Dale Bengston" <dbengston at tds.net> wrote:

> Huh. Looking at the Server 9 system requirements
> (http://www.filemaker.com/support/kb/), it looks like PHP 4.3 is the minimum
> requirement. I think the Leopard Server FileMaker killer is Apache 2. Server 9
> runs on Apache 1.x.
>
> Dale

This was certainly our experience with FMSA 8, and it was a real pain.
Hacking Apache 1.3 back into place on Leopard Server caused a Java issue
with Tomcat and FM's WSC. We still can't manage the WSC via the web
interface anymore, though we hacked it enough so that it works. We'll most
likely upgrade to v11 this year, which will hopefully solve these problems,
but I'm sure that'll bring a world of hurt all its own.

--
Kevin Futter
Webmaster, St. Bernard's College