[FX.php List] Do your Web Publishing Accounts show up in FMS as Clients?

Jonathan Schwartz jschwartz at exit445.com
Tue Jun 15 08:17:31 MDT 2010

I have done some more observation.

I have one Windows implementation and many OS X ones.  I see the web
users appear much more frequently in the Windows implementation.  I
see the same on the Mac side only when the system is bogged down.

Not the Red flag I thought it was.

Jonathan

At 9:05 AM -0500 6/15/10, Bob Patin wrote:
>Jonathan,
>
>Yes, I see the user, and that's because he *is* a user when someone
>is doing a FileMaker transaction.
>
>However, you shouldn't be seeing multiple occurrences, I believe,
>unless multiple requests result in multiple users during that time
>(don't know about that). I've seen my web user acct. in FMS many
>times though, and it's never been a problem.
>
>If I were to guess, I'd say that each separate user on the web app
>invokes his own instance of the user, so if you have  3 people doing
>queries, you may see 3 users for a period of time. How long that
>user persists, I'm not sure; if I get some time I'll do some tests...
>
>Bob Patin
>
>Bob Patin
>Longterm Solutions
><mailto:bob at longtermsolutions.com>bob at longtermsolutions.com
>615-333-6858
><http://www.longtermsolutions.com/>http://www.longtermsolutions.com
>iChat: bobpatin
>FileMaker 9 & 10 Certified Developer
>Member of FileMaker Business Alliance and FileMaker TechNet
>--
>Expert FileMaker Consulting
>FileMaker Hosting for all versions of FileMaker
>PHP * Full email services * Free DNS hosting * Colocation * Consulting
>
>On Jun 14, 2010, at 4:54 PM, Jonathan Schwartz wrote:
>
>>In the FM Serve Console, where you see regular FMP users listed as
>>being logged in to hosted FMP files, do you see occurrences of the
>>accounts dedicated sole to FM Custom Web publishing?
>>
>>I do sometimes, and I suspect that it is a sign of trouble.
>>
>>I am guessing that FMS ignores the split second connects that FM
>>CWP usually makes, but when the connection persists (such as when
>>there is a slow down or something has hung) they do appear.
>>
>>So, when I go looking for why FMS is sluggish or stopped, seeing
>>multiple occurrences of my dedicated FMP CWP accounts is surely a
>>confirmation that something is wrong.
>>
>>BTW...disconnecting the clients usually frees things up.

Jonathan Schwartz
Exit 445 Group
jonathan at exit445.com
http://www.exit445.com